There will be up to 40 scholarships of $1,200 each available to students graduating from NLESD schools across the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
It is the Newfoundland and Labrador Education Foundation's intention to award these scholarships on a 50/50 breakdown between those students enrolled in University and those enrolled in a recognized Public or Private College, Training Centre or Trades College dependent upon the nature and number of applications received.
The recipients of these prestigious awards will be known as Newfoundland and Labrador English School District Scholars.
- Awarded to full-time students in the year they graduate from high school in the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District
- Awarded to students who have attained graduation status
- Awarded to students who have demonstrated hard work and perseverance, school and community involvement, etc. (Addressed in Letter of Recommendation).
- Awarded to students who have been officially accepted to a recognized post-secondary institution for the following year. (University, Public or Private College, Training Centre or Trades College)
- Each scholarship will be established at $1200.
- The scholarship must be taken within one year after it is awarded.
- Overall average obtained from Level III (25 Points)
- Letter of Recommendation from School Administrator or Teacher outlining demonstrated hard work and perseverance, School and community involvement, etc. (25 Points)
- Student Essay based on provided questions (up to 500 words) (50 points)
- Each applicant must apply in writing to the Foundation and include:
- Completed application form;
- An essay providing a comprehensive response to the question provided up to a maximum of 500 words.
- A Letter of Recommendation outlining student's demonstrated hard work and perseverance, need, contribution to school and any known community involvement from a School Administrator or Teacher.
- Applications are to be received no later than 4pm on Friday, June 30, 2023.
Attention: Susan Hussey
EXTERNAL LINK SYSTEM LOGIN PDF DOCUMENT