Full time term contract for Program Specialist - K-6 Programming. Duties to commence September 5, 2017 to June 29, 2018.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Education (Programs), the successful applicant will be responsible for providing leadership to schools and teachers on all aspects of the K-6 curriculum. The incumbent will work as part of the District's Program Team to further the aims and objectives of the Newfoundland and Labrador Eastern School District and to support improved educational opportunities through student programming and curriculum support.
- Bachelor of Education (Primary/Elementary)
- Master of Education (Curriculum or other acceptable specialization relevant to the duties of this position)
- Knowledge of current issues in education, including curriculum implementation, provincial graduation requirements, student support services issues and the use of technology to support teaching and learning
- A demonstrated commitment to life-long learning and personal and professional development
- A student-focused approach to teaching and learning