Full time term contract position for Senior Education Officer - Programs K - 6 from September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Education (Programs), the Senior Education Officer is a senior leadership position reporting directly on the full management of all aspects of School Leadership and Instruction for an assigned family of schools of the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District. The successful candidate will have an extensive understanding of K-6 Educational Programs, the School Growth & Development Process and Professional Growth & Performance Evaluation.
Working collaboratively with the Assistant Director of Education (Programs), the specific duties of this position include: Providing leadership and direction to specialist personnel, principals and teachers in the improvement of teaching and learning; problem solving of school-student issues with schools, students and families; providing advice on time sensitive labour relations issues; school staffing and recruitment; policy and planning; representing the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District at school and public functions and other duties as assigned by the C.E.O./Director of Education.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Education
- Minimum of ten years of experience in education with at least five years of experience at a senior administrative level.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong supervisory, team-building, time management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success in fostering partnerships, conflict mediation and resolution, facilitation, collaboration and consultation.
- Awareness of educational issues throughout the entire region to be served by the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District.