Senior Education Officer (Programs/Human Resources) Headquarters
Applications are invited for the term contract position of Senior Education Officer (Programs/Human Resources), Headquarters, with the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District. Duties are from September 01, 2016 to August 31, 2017.
- Recent and successful experience (last 3-5 years) in a senior administrative position.
- A demonstrated ability to use technology to enhance performance and efficiency.
- Strong supervisory, team-building, time management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- A Masters Degree in Education (or other acceptable specialization relevant to the duties of this position), and holder of a valid Newfoundland and Labrador teaching certificate
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Senior Management Team, the Senior Education Officer (Programs/Human Resources) is a senior leadership position responsible for implementing and supporting a process that promotes student achievement through effective strategic planning, programs and professional development. The successful candidate will work with schools and district staff to foster professional collaborative planning and instruction that addresses the priority needs of students and monitor district/ school assessment practices through the lens of strategic planning. This position will also be responsible for overseeing Human Resources for teachers in the Labrador Region.
Other Duties include:
1. Leads several key initiatives at the District
a) K-6 Reporting
b) School Profile Pilot
c) Summer School
d) Performance Measurement Framework
e) Literacy Initiative in Strategic Plan
f) Numeracy Initiative in Strategic Plan
2. Assist in the school review process
3. Represent the District on:
a) STEM Advisory Committee
b) Eating Disorder Round Table
4. Lead Role in Policy Development
5. Liaison with Department of Early Childhood Development on:
a) Joint Literacy Committee
b) Review 360
6. Provide HR support to the 22 schools in the Labrador Region of NLESD, including:
a.) Staffing NLTA positions by requesting advertisements, developing interview guides, and approving recommendations.
b.) Monitoring implementation of Performance Appraisal by providing support to Principals and teachers engaged in Performance Appraisal.
c.) Conduct investigations when concerns arise with teacher conduct.
d.) Liaison with NLTA on labour relations issues in the region.
e.) Liaison with other District HR personnel both within the region and district wide.
f.) Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Education: Human Resources.